Sunday 22 February 2015

DM-Crater

Hey guys,

I've started working on a new Unreal Tournament 2004 map on Friday. Its a small 2-8 player deathmatch map, I've been keeping this one pretty small so I can really polish the visual for my level design portfolio. I've been looking at some of my old concept art and some of the new World of Warcraft art for inspiration.






Some of the references I've been looking at for ideas are:

This piece of environment concept art I made couple of years ago

These screenshots from the new World of Warcraft content



As well as mostly spiritual inspiration from the mood of the level The Truth and Reconciliation from the original Halo game.


I'm currently designing some foliage for the map and looking at different types of props i could use to improve the visuals. I'm considering making blue glowing rune stones for decorating the cave and orange ones as a base for all the weapon spawns.

The map is will also have a lot  more cover when I add the 7-8 trees in engine based on my original layout design.

Thanks for reading,
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment