Sunday 8 February 2015

Everquest UT2004 maps - more textures and UV fixes

I've created some more textures using 3D and 3D sculpting for the Rock, Marble rock and grass in the scene. I then i had to spend a significant amount of time fixing and creating all the unwraps as all the texture warp on the ground/walls was incredibly noticeable with decent 512 and 1024 resolution textures.

Heres a screenshot with the original 64x64 Everquest textures
 and here is a screenshot with my 512 grass and 1024 rock texture.

It's been quite fun trying to retrofit this old scene but there's only so much I can do before it starts to loose its appearance, I'm going to finish up with the wood textures and move on from the map soon.

I've started creating a new map inspired by the Legend of Zelda: Windwaker using some simple hand-painted textures painted directly in Photoshop not using any sculpting at all. Below is an unlit screenshot of the scene in 3dsmax.


Thanks for reading,
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment