Sunday 1 June 2014

Finally finished University

I've finally finished University and began developing some plat-former games. I've reorganised my blog ready to post more regular updates now I'm now longer maintaining and writing lots of university assignments. University has gone really well I'm got a strong chance of graduating with a 1st class honours depending on my group work grades. Something which also went really well I worked tirelessly to make sure the game was well documented for the hand in and it had enough environment art textures.

The game ended up winning an internal vote of being the best out of the 12 teams this year and will be put forward sometime during the summer to an indie game site by the University. The university will also be showcasing my environment art across their new website and my dissertation won 2nd in games modelling during the GradEx event, which I'm made up about.

I've been working on two plat-former projects, the first is an Unreal Engine 4 game called Trousers 2 and is a 3D sequel to a game previously made by my college Leon Field;  you can play the original trousers game following the gamejolt link below
I've been focused on creating environment art for Trousers 2 as opposed to script or level design, as we port across and reinvent the original game content.

The other project is a 2D plaformer adventure game I spent an evening creating pixel art for then begin creating the game framework in c# Unity2D yesterday. I'm using the project to further my understanding and practice with the language and to have fun making my first complete in web browser game, which I will be posting my company website in the near future.



Thanks for reading
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment