Thursday 13 December 2012

Advance Wars : Steampunk Rising? :D

So I've had the idea of making my favourite GBA game into a map and been thinking about how to go about changing it from turn based to real time and what triggers I'd need for the capture points. Whilst sorting out my other map, which is a come very far and quite near a finished build. Currently working on issues with the escape airship placement and need to add the ending cinematic.

I decided to go with the iconic map Little Island since it focuses entirely on ground units and fast close quarters 1v1 combat, the very opposite of my current survival hero/tower defence map.

Here's a Screenshot of the map so far, just added the income triggers and been play-testing/setting up 3-4 units.


The original Gameboy version of little island looks like
I've decided since it's real-time to break the forest A-symmetry as they effect the infantry movement/flow a lot more on my map and have lengthened the width by one space to allow a gap between the 2 closest buildings to the base and the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment