Saturday 6 September 2014

Age of Empires 3 mod

I spent of couple of days learning how to mod age of empires 3 and modelled some siege units. I decided to recreate Age of Empires 1 and have converted and created the units for the majority of the units using existing graphics.




There were no suitable existing graphics for the Siege units, priests and chariots.  So I decided to have a go at creating the siege units and have so far modelled and unwrapped the three siege units shown below. I decided I would use the original Roman word for classic as the title forth mod, which turned out to be classicus. Since Rome is one of the most well known empires of the ancient world and the main setting for the expansion "The rise of Rome" :)


As well as the 3D models and units, I've also began creating the first civilization but have ran into a few issues with the civilization I create being playable. Hopefully once I've resolved these  I can move onto creating the technologies and import the siege units for a playable release.
Thanks for reading,
-Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment