Wednesday 20 August 2014

Back to tanks

I've been ill again the last couple of days haven't been able to eat much more than two small bowl fulls of rice. So amongst my feeling too sick to sleep and illness I decided to start creating a new portfolio site and also made a start to my portfolio's first vehicle model. I've made vehicles before but only for small mods/indie games all of which have been quite low poly as most were for mobile devices or real-time strategy projects.

You can see what I've got so far with the new portfolio site at the link below.
 http://abishopart.wix.com/abishopart

Still very unfinished with a lot of placeholders but I'm happy with the general layout so far. As for the vehicle I've decided to make a high poly version of a Western tank from the Battalion Wars game series, it has a fantastic fun charactured artstyle. All the features are exaggerated and slightly cartoon. It's very similar to one of my favourite game boy games Advance Wars. Below is a piece of concept art for the Heavy Tank I've used as a guideline for modelling.


Below is a screenshot my current progress of the model in max. I'm hoping to make this model a strong portfolio piece and looking at spending about 40k tri's on the model. At the moment unoptimized it's currently stands at 22k.


It's not the first time I've made tanks before, last November I spent an hour each morning monday to friday making some low poly tanks for my a Unity game idea similar to battle tanks.


Thanks for reading,
-Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment